Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Am I being unreasonable?

One night a week I like to go to my local gym and participate in a yoga-fusion class. One night. For the past 5 weeks, I have not been able to attend my class for 2 reasons; my husband was out of town for 2 weeks, and my children have sports team obligations.

Tomorrow is "yoga night". My son has a baseball game. I innocently asked my husband if he could take our daughters along to the game so I could make it to my class. He started coming up with reasons why he couldn't do so -- he's been home to help with the kids almost every night; he's got yard work to do; lame excuses in my opinion. 

So I put on my bitch hat and said, "my class is on during the baseball game. If you don't take the girls, I will be stuck at home, and the yard work will still not get done. I will likely be home before you are. There is NO reason you cannot take them with you." The proverbial foot was put down.

Am I an ogre? 

3 comments:

  1. No you are not an ogre, I would feel the same way as you do. I get lame excuses from my hubby as well, maybe it's a "guy" thing sometimes LOL.. But I don't think you were being unreasonable at all. Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are not an ogre!!! You NEED time for yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support, ladies. Hubby & all 3 kids have just left for ball. I will be heading off joyfully to the gym very soon!

    ReplyDelete