Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Night Time Training

It's funny...I didn't have to "toilet train" any of my kids...they just did it on their own. Night time Training is another story though.

My oldest son....it's only been just about a year that he's not been peeing the bed....I was very excited to one completely out of diapers!

My next child, another son....still pees the bed. Doesn't matter what I do! I can wake him 10 times a night to go to the bathroom, but he'll still have a little pee saved up just to ruin the sheets. He just turned 6 and I've all but given up. Honestly though, this is the same little dude that wasn't day trained until 4.5 yo. I'm not too worried...I'm sure his wife won't have to worry about have pull ups for their wedding night.

My next child, a daughter...she just turned 4 in Dec. I don't even remember ever trying to get her to go pee on the toilet. She just did it one day and never wore a diaper again! Well, this past Saturday, I was at a wedding and the babysitter forgot to put the pull up on her for bed. I didn't know this until Sunday morning when she comes up to me saying that she's dry. I told her good job and go put the dry pull up in the drawer to use tonight. She then proceeded to tell me that she was in underwear...still not understanding, I asked where the pull up was...she told me she had slept in underwear....this finally caught my attention. So Sunday night, I put her to bed in underwear again....Monday morning, she was dry. Two nights...wow! Are we onto something here? Monday night again she went to bed in underwear...this time she didn't make it through the night...about 530am, she peed the bed. No biggy. Tuesday night underwear again and Wednesday morn she was dry. Tonight again, she's in underwear so I'm hoping that soon I can officially declare here Diaper Free!!

Now on to the next challenge....toilet training a two year old!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your big girl being night time trained Catt. I am working on my two year old son now. He is taking his own diaper off and going by himself. I see preschool in his near future. Soo looking forward to that part in my life. Will have 2 1/2 hours by myself two days a week! What will I ever do? Good luck with your two year old son. I sure hope he's as easy as mine is. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids were so good to me as far as night training went - as soon as they were out of diapers, they were done. I still keep a soaker pad on my youngest's bed (she'll be 3 in Aug.) "just in case". Saves the occasional pile of laundry for me (only the pad to wash instead of all the bedding), and sadness for my little one over accidentally wetting the bed!

    ReplyDelete