Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Amber Alert in Sherwood Park




I was driving home at around 4:30 today from going on a trip to the fabric store to get some Hawaiian type fabric for a baby shoes order i had when all the radio stations went blank because of an Amber Alert. A baby boy who was only 5 1/2 months old had been taken near Edmonton! I broke down, and started cyring (crying while driving is never good, but i think i'm a pro now...too many sad songs while pregnant) I could not imagine why someone would want to take someone's baby??? And all i was thinking was what would i do if my son was taken from me? I would do anything i could to get him back! I had such a strong feeling to get back home to see my son, who was sleeping when i left and my husband was watching TV that even though it would only be 5 minutes till i go to our house i just couldn't take it, i had to hold my son, and i had to calm myself down to be able to drive, so i prayed for the little boy and his family! When i got home i gave my son, Logan a huge hug, and prayed for the little boy who was taken again! I am so thankful he is safe now!






3 comments:

  1. I too was driving that day when the amber alert came on and was pretty shocked too. Glad to know that the baby was found safe a few hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its all so scary this world, it does make us look at our lives and thank the stars for what we have and that our children are safe.

    ReplyDelete