Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sleep Study- not much fun.

We have tested our daughter a couple of times overnight with an oxygen monitor in home and while the last one was pretty good after she had her adenoids removed they felt we should do an overnight study to make sure she was okay. There is a 1-2 year wait. So Monday I got a call for a cancellation on Tuesday. Great we book it. We have to be there for 8:15 pm so i am thinking we will get her to sleep right away. I thought they would put a few sensors on the head and chest and that I would be pretty easy. Well no. About 30 wires plus some belts and nose tube and some other thing wow it took well over an hour to hook her up. They used nail glue (for artificial nails)in her hair to make them stay. That was awful cause the smell made her gag and then they use a blower thing to dry it and it blew the fumes into her face, and again this morning they poured acetone to removed them and that made her gag. She had sensors in her 10 sensors in her hair8 on her face 4 on her legs and about 8 on her chest. She was wire for sound. They wanted to put a mask on for awhile but she freaked out when she saw it, and then she woke up for an hour in the night so they skipped it thank heavens. She was so uncomfortable I am not sure how she even slept. The nurse came in a number of times and did stuff with her wires and such my daughter slept through it but I woke at every little sound so I barely got any sleep. I had been thinking about the testing and hadn't thought about the "cure" and now I am just praying that she doesn't need anything. I don't want to have a nightly battle about a mask or anything like that. That was my fun filled sleep test.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know the results of the testing yet? What happens now to your poor girl?
    I really don't understand why they need to hook her up with soo many darn wires and such. How can any child sleep like that? I think this would really freak any child out.

    Keep me posted on the out come of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can take 2 months for them to review the data and get it to the Dr. Not a fast process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just crazy! You and her have been dealing with this for way too long. Gotta love DRs I guess. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete