Saturday, April 11, 2009

Well things still aren't smooth.

Wow we are coming up on 1 month since dd decided she was a big girl and could sleep on her own. She is doing great for the most part.

However she wakes in the night needing some hugs and cuddles from mom. At first we did soothing music (dolphin songs) and that helped her go back to sleep. Then she decide to watch shows and moves we had on the iPod and was awake for sometime in the night and then a bear in the morning. So now she has nothing in the night and it is harder. She is waking usually at least 2 times in the night is taking it's toll on me and my energy and I need to figure this out. I mentioned to dd's behavioural coach the issues and she has suggested I give dd melatonin before sleep to help her break the habit of waking. This sounds great but after 4 nights it hasn't helped much. On the positive side she is not asking me to sleep with her and even though she is waking she is calm and just stumbles in for hugs but often wants me to go into her room and hug her before she can get back to sleep. She is very pleased with her self that she is a big girl so all in all we are doing pretty good I just need to get this waking thing under control.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Pam! I am sure things will go back to normal for you soon. This must be very hard and oh soo frustrating for you as well. You are a great Mom and love your kids. Big hug to you and your Hubby! You are in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete