Saturday, April 18, 2009

Its been a crazy month or more!

Well it has been a long while since i made it to blog and i was beginning to feel just a bit guilty about it. But it truly has been a very difficult month around here. My daughter got hand, foot and mouth disease and was home from school for a week, which meant i was off work for a week. Then the following week a get really sick...tried going to work but just couldn't so there's another week off.
Then my son had his dental surgery...that was probably one of the hardest things i have had to go through and hope that is the worst thing he ever has to go through. We go in originally for him to have local anesthetic and get some fillings done and possible root canal is what they told me. (My son is 5) Well he goes in with out much fuss but when he comes out all i could do was cry. His lips are swollen so big, his nose is bleeding from the breathing tube they had to put it and he has medical tape all over his face and chest from all the monitoring sensors. It ends up they had to do 5 solid silver crowns on his molars and pull one of his molars. He is freaking out because he is in pain and he just grabs my head and won't let me go....I just broke down. (Not to much can make me cry but this was horrible) But once they got more tylenol into him and we had some cuddle time he seemed to recover quite quickly from the anesthetic and we were able to go home....only 9 hours in the hospital beginning to end....could have been much worse if he had gotten sick afterwards, which is quite common.
The biggest problems once we got home was that he was starving, he had been 21 hours without eating but everything tasted funny and he could only eat soft foods. But we managed! Since then things have healed up quite nicely and just have to get fitted for a spacer as the tooth pulled will not be growing in for another 10 years.
After we made it through that my son again, breaks out in a full body rash....what from? No idea, i sat at the children's hospital for 8 hours one night because they insisted i take him in just for a doctor to tell me they really were not sure what caused it. Hope it goes away in another week or bring him back. Luckily it went away!
Me on the other hand...I am still sick but did go back to work with only the one week off. On the most part its not so bad but my throat is sore all the time and never lets up, which leads to tons of coughing. Could be worse!!!
It worked out in four weeks i worked a total of 8 days....boy am i glad my work was understanding. But i am paying the price now as i am totally behind and very busy. I am working 9 hour days and usually working again after the kids go to bed during the week and on weekends just to try and get caught up.
On a good note...my daughters outdoor soccer team that i coach is ready to start our outdoor season. Sure it means more to do but something we both really enjoy doing! And the three of us are planning on joining a martial arts class, my sons choice, one day a week as well!
So really, hard to believe i am sure but that is the short version of some of the craziness in my life since i posted last. Finally though i think we are back to normal! I have enjoyed catching up on some of the latest postings of things going on in everyone's lives!!!
Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mel! You have been busy. I felt so bad for your son when I was reading your blog. That would have been an awful experience. Glad to hear he recovered nicely. Poor guy!
    Glad to hear that things are settling down for you and you feel better soon.
    Keep us updated on your daughter Soccer!

    ReplyDelete