Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cake Balls!


I recently tried a new recipe for cake balls. While they sound like something R-rated that you might find on South Park, they are actually quite G-rated but sinfully delicious. They are bits of cake mixed with frosting and dipped in chocolate. This time I used a spice cake mixed with cream cheese frosting and dipped in white chocolate sprinkled with cinnamon but you can use any combo of cake flavor, frosting flavor and type of outer chocolate coating.

Here is a photo of the finished product:


And here they are on the inside. Yes, that is a bite out of it, taken by yours truly!

These are great for packing in lunches (although admittedly not the most healthy dessert!), taking to play group or sharing at a luncheon or dinner party. I love to bake and am considering starting a baking blog of my favorite recipes. In the meantime, if anyone would like this recipe, just let me know and I'd be happy to share!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to have the recipe - you can send it to jodybudden@gmail.com THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look super yummy. Can I have the recipe too? loriyyc@hotmail.com; Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look yummy Ashlee....can you send me the recipe - you have my email addy from the beef wellington recipe i sent you - speakin of which, how did the dinner go???

    Steff x

    ReplyDelete