Friday, April 10, 2009

Walking in Northern Ireland

Well, I'm back after a 10 day visit to Ireland to see my husband's family. My mother-in-law recently broke her hip, and we wanted to check in and see how she's doing.

Visiting family in Northern Ireland is not the best way to keep up with weight loss plans! We stayed with my husband's sister who's a fabulous cook. Thankfully, she's also a healthy cook - lots of greens, farm-fresh food, and a good variety. We also ended up eating out a lot with various combinations of family members, and were not always so lucky with the food selections (though all were delicious!). We both came back with a couple of extra pounds, but we chose to enjoy our time with the family, and put that ahead of keeping trim.

We did, however, keep up with walking. Ireland is a beautiful place to walk! Rolling green hills, lots of birds, fresh, moist air (compared to the near-desert air of Calgary) and restful scenes. I loved walking there!

I posted my walks on Facebook, and I'm putting the links here in case you want to check them out. Some great pictures there!

Check out the pics here: www.PraiseWalker.com

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your mother in law hope she has a fast recovery. However it does sound like you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete