Thursday, April 23, 2009

China Syndrome

Yesterday my husband left for China on a 2 week business trip. Once again, I am in survival mode. Singlehandedly juggling three kids and their sports, school and other appointments has become more familiar to me than I would like. I joke to my friends that I have become a "work widow" again, but it's not as funny to me as I pretend.

I resent the company that steals my husband from me and our children. I envy my husband's oppportunity to see parts of the world I can only imagine. Worst of all, I carry huge guilt over the heartache my son expresses. Last night, as I snuggled up with my son and the book he and his dad have been reading together, my heart was breaking. My son sobbed about missing his dad and how long two weeks without him will be. I did my best to comfort him, but at the same time, I felt like sobbing too.

Things will go on as they always do; soccer games and lacrosse practices will be attended, bedtime stories will be read, days will pass. All the while, we will be counting the sleeps until Daddy comes home.

1 comment:

  1. I do not envy you right now. It is hard doing it on your own. Hang in there though!

    ReplyDelete