Saturday, April 25, 2009

Packing Up the Baby Stuff

Every time that John grows out of something or grows too big to play with a toy I've been packing them up and storing it in the basement. Without really knowing why, I was very hesitant to instantly give it away, sell it or donate it. I didn't want to say that I was done having kids. And now that Jane Doe, my receptionist, (she has a VERY distinctive name and I'd rather not talk about someone else w/out their permission) is pregnant, I've been considering giving her some of my stuff. I'm 38 years old and I know that I would like to try and have another baby, I'm just not sure. Today Steven and I were making a list for "Jane" about what to take to the hospital (she asked me for this), we started discussing that maybe we should give her some of our old stuff. He brought up the infant car seat/stroller because it's in really good condition and only a year old. I mentioned that I'd like to keep it for our next one and he didn't even hesitate and he said okay. Then he went on to list other things that we could give her instead.

Interesting. Apparently we are on the same page. We've gone from thinking about maybe, possibly, one day having another child. To okay, we'll have another one. Maybe not until we sell our house and find another one but most likely within the next year. It gives me a happy feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment