Sunday, March 15, 2009

Big change today!

I am just going to start buy saying please don't judge me for this as everyone seems to have strong opinions on this topic.

My daughter has been a co-sleeper since she was little. I got more sleep she got more sleep we all did better with her co-sleeping. My son however has never co-slept. Maybe the rare nap cuddle but he likes his space and he likes to sleep on his own. I think that co-sleeping is an individual thing that each family has to decided what works fo them. My dd just turned 6, and she also has special needs. One of her issues is that she has night terrors. She will get up and run around blindly and scream till I can get to her and call her down. If I am co-sleeping with her I can feel her getting restless and know that if I just hug her or rub her back I can settle her back to sleep without a problem. Therefor we still get more sleep and she doesn't get so worked up if we are co-sleeping. I have noticed in the last couple of months she hasn't had any really restless episodes. We talk today and she has decided that she would like to sleep with her stuffed animals now. I am thrilled as I feel that sleeping in a separate beds is not helping my husbands and I's relationship. We aren't in trouble but we don't feel as contected and lets just say our sexlife has not been the same either. I really hope that this will go well tonight . I have tried several times to end the co-sleeping but I end up going and laying down with her and falling asleep and then lack of sleep form her waking me drives me back to the co-sleeping. I am hoping becasue she has told me this is what she would like she will do well.

4 comments:

  1. good luck with that. I am sure its going to be an adjustment for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the transition. It is great u could co-sleep with her at all. I can't with my kids, I never slept. Every little peep would wake me. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! My son is five and he falls asleep in his bed at bedtime but by no later the 3am...he's back in bed with me! Mind you i am single to so for me it just keeps that side of the bed warm! lol! I figure when he's ready then he will stop! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete