Thursday, March 12, 2009

One more day to go....

Considering i only had to work from 7:30am til 1:30pm today you would think that doesn't sound so bad. But let me tell you today was absolutely crazy at work. I currently dispatch HVAC service technicians and run the division for all their work...as well as a whole lot of other stuff but keeping it simple here! lol! But sometimes i feel like i babysit all day long...I have 15 men to deal with on a regular basis at work and man do they whine alot! Reminds me sometimes why i am still okay with being single.
The whole reason i had to get off early today was because my son had a preoperative doctors appointment today. In less then a couple weeks they are putting him under anesthetic to have a lot of work done to his teeth. Over half our family seems to have alot of issues and alot of decay at early ages. The reasons not 100% certain...high ph levels...mostly stuff i don't really understand. So being he has so much work to be done i chose this option opposed to keeping him awake and dealing with him screaming through dental visits numerous times til it was complete...this way all at once and its over :)
The hardest part for me is how much people choose to judge without every knowing or asking the questions. They see my son eating candy and i get comments about i wonder why he has dental issues. But only if these people chose to talk before judging they would find out i am very adiment about my children brushing their teeth and ensuring they do it properly....some of us just are not lucky enough to be blessed with perfect teeth! Anyways on the most part i have the attitude of not giving two hoots what anyone thinks but at the same time i worry about how my children will react to the comments when they hear them. Go ahead and feel how you want to feel but keep it to yourself or at the very least wait til they are not around! But really is that not about everything in our lives....someone somewhere always has an opinion and they have every right but its amazing how little they try to get further information before pushing their opinions off onto others!
Anyways now i am ranting on this one....i can be quite known for that all to frequently. I am loud and outgoing and speak my mind exactly how i think it. However, due to my own feelings i try not to prejudge anyone when really i haven't walked a day in their shoes!!!
Well its time for homework, baths and not far off bedtime....have to say i really looked forward to checking out all the new posts today when i got home from work. I have read everyone of them today and think how amazingly different all of our lives are but always still some similarities!

Take care... :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your blog post Mel. I sure enjoyed reading it. Sure sounds like your boy there is strong and brave. Do keep us posted on how he does. When does he get all this work done? I will be sure to follow your blogs so I can get up dates. Heee. What fun Blogging is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is and he amazes me for how much torture he has been with the dentist so far and only being 5. But we have found an amazing pediatric dentist that is great and he is happy to know that his teeth will be fixed soon...he is tired of toothaches! He has to fast for 12 hours and get some blood work done on Monday and then his surgery is currently scheduled for April 2. I will keep everyone updated! For my first time blogging i am really enjoying this too! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about having your son put under to have the word done. You don't need something like this to scare him from the dentist for the rest of his life. I love how you said your loud and speak your mind... you go girl. I am that as well and it sure has created alot of enemies in my time but the way I look at it. If you get to know a person before you judge them then maybe just maybe you will realize they are not that bad. Good luck with your son and his teeth. Please do keep us posted on how he does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for u, we went through this with our 3 yr old. His decay started at 9 mths, and I did everything by the book, even the dentist says his teeth are clean, just has bad teeth. We were fortunate to find a good doctor in Red Deer, he didn't put Logan under but gave him the 'special juice' Logan doesn't even remember going, all he knows is his front teeth don't have any holes!!

    What is your doctors name? We had a excellent one in Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our dentists name is Dr Barsky. He was actually my 24 year old cousins dentist when she was younger.
    And thanks...I am glad to hear its not just me!

    ReplyDelete