Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here I go

My turn to post a first blog on here and introduce myself. My name is Kaar and I have one son who is 5 named Kailur. I'm currently a SAHM and find I tend to get bored while Kai is at Kindergarten. Some moms would probably be envious I get a few hours to myself every day, but really the novelty wore off after the first month of school lol. We currently live with my boyfriend who I've been on and off with for 5 years. He is not biologically Kai's dad, but he's really the only dad he's ever known. We are just boyfriend and girlfriend...not common law, not engaged, and not married. A lot of people get confused that we've lived together for so long yet are not common law and it comes down to what is called a cohabitation agreement. It was legally done up by lawyers and basically states we forfeit common law status. I still feel like a single mom on many levels every day. I'm the active parent in Kai's life and am the one always responsible for him no matter what. It's very stressful and tiring somedays having a blended family the way we have one.

My typical day consists of us getting up and getting Kai to the bus stop. I come home and work out and than get some cleaning done. I got into scrap booking a couple months ago hoping that would help waste time, but there's really only so much I can do so that novelty has started to wear off slowly as well. When the boyfriend isn't working at home (which is rare he is always worign from home), I do like to pull out my guitar and try to learn some new songs. If I'm not in a creative mood for music than I sit and watch tv or park myself in front of the computer.

I find I get lonely a lot because I don't know any other moms who just have one kid in kindergarten who sit around at home as well. The friends I do have with kids all work full time so it's hard to get together. Usually I try and go out and do something with Kai at least once a month whether it be a movie, or shopping or going out somewhere. We like to go on different adventures and just hang out. We always find something to do with our day, and he always makes life interesting with his imagination.

I'm looking forward to writing in this blog regularly and think it's a great idea! Thanks Britt :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaar, nice to meet you! I'm looking forward to this blog too. Where do you live? With all my family living 5000 miles away (in England) & most of my friends working or living at least a half hour drive away, it can be a challenge getting together with other adults sometimes (not including hubby, but as he's at work 12 hours plus, I don't even see much of him some days!!)

    I'm a SAHM too, but my kids are a little younger (3 & 15 months) so I'm still in the "being run ragged & craving me time" phase of life!! Wanna swap??? lol :0)

    ReplyDelete