Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our last night...

I know i already wrote once today but here i am again.... So if anyone read my earlier post i mentioned we were off to soccer practice for my daughter. Usually my son comes along to watch or drive the girls crazy but tonight he went to spend the night with his dad. So we are getting ready to head out the door and she can't find her shoes...we finally track those down and then we can't find the car keys. In the end we found them and headed out the door about 10 minutes late. I am the coach so i always feel like i need to be the first one there....well not tonight. I knew i was going to be late so i called my assistant coach who also is usually early. Well guess what tonight he is running late tonight too! What can you do? We get there and well only two girls ahead of us not so bad. Practice went great and we had a blast like we always do. After practice we are all just standing around talking and just then did i realize....wow tonight was our last practice together. Its not over yet as my girls are currently in finals. We play U10 competitive...if we win our game this Saturday morning we go on to the final game Monday night for Silver or Gold! Very exciting as this is my 5 season coaching my daughters teams and up until this year we were always the last team or maybe second last! This year what a turn around we finished second place overall in our division! It is amazing and exciting and i know i am just excited if not more for then the girls for the game this Saturday!!! But when its all over...i have grown so attached to this group of girls....I don't think i'm ready!
Anyways....I will let everyone know how we do!! And i will probably be back tomorrow with something new as well!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that its an emotional feeling. When you spend that much time together as a team you do build a bond. I think its great for you all. Good luck with your game.

    ReplyDelete