Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunny days! definately in love with sunny days!

I never fully realised how much I missed the sun, the blue skies, the white puffy clouds and the temperature when it's not lingering in the "minus" section with the "windchill factor" going off in the background!
For once, a beautiful day!
the snow is melting, the puddles...omg the puddles!
Due to those LOVELY puddles my loving son, who is 3 yrs old, decided it was 'splashing time' and well, that is exactly what he did. The only thing, he HATES getting wet...
so THREE outfits later, FIVE pairs of socks and a very wet jacket...he's done splashing! (only took in 1 1/2 hrs of it)
I have no clue how someone so small, with a very small attention span can find so much joy, so much excitement and so much love in splashing in the puddles
Not that I mind, but after about 20 min and two outfit changes, I was getting tired of the routine.
But back to the sunny days.
Oh that warmth! that sun! I hope this means that spring has sprung!
it has been a LONG, very very LONG winter.
We saw our neighbours...the ones that cowered away in the winter, the ones that rushed from their car to their homes as the cool wind blew and as the snow piled up...yes, we still have them!
It was amazing to chat with them and not worry about cold hands, a cold child and the threat of a horrible windchill or even freezing rain!
We even dusted off Nicholas' little bike...and oh he looked so cute...until he put his feet on the peddles and the poor tykes knees were nearly hitting his ears...I think a new bike is in order.
But the trooper that he is, he rode that bike for nearly 45 minutes around the neighbourhood. We did get some looks, but what am I going to say? So I waved, smiled and said "hello, nice day isn't it?"
I'm sure they whispered saying "gee, that mom should get him a new bike"
Try telling a 3 yr old that we are going bike shopping on the FIRST beautiful day since the snow fell and see how far you get
LOL
The best part about the 'sunny day' and all the outside time and puddle splashing?
The knock-out at 6pm and OVER 2 hours of "me time"
so BRING ON THE SUN! I have PLANS for this spring/summer/fall

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I can hardly wait until the glacier in my driveway goes noisily down the storm drain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun is always a nice thing to have. You never really realize it until its gone and you spend so much time in the glum of winter. I am with you bring on the sun. Hope you enjoyed those couple of hours to yourself Jenn I know I always do when bedtime is at 7.

    ReplyDelete