Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hello I am Tanya, and I am addicted to Britt's sites...lol

Hi my name is Tanya and this is a little about me.

I am 31 years old I have been married to my wonderful husband Dave for 4 years. We have been together for 9 years. We have two beautiful children. Our son Shayne who is 7 and our daughter Isabelle who will be 3 in June. Not to bad for a woman who was told she couldn't have children without medical help. As my husband puts it leave it to a Foran to prove medical doctors wrong. Both children were concieved the old fashioned way. Also in our house I have my german shepard who is just like a baby her name is Chloe and we have two very tempermental Cats, and I thought a toddler was moody. We live in Quebec on the Gaspe coast. We have only been here just over 2 years now. We were in Calgary and even thou i miss it terribly I am adjusting to country living. My husband owns the local convience store, for now. We have it up for sale. Not that we don't enjoy it, but our children are first in our books and having the store has really limited our time that we spend not only with our children but with each other. I am the manager at the store... actually I am the do everything girl.

We have only been in our new house for just about a year now. When we moved here we decided that we were going to build the house of our dreams and it truly is. Its not completly finished but name one house that is. There is always something that is to be done. Either way its the way we want it. We have about 300 acres and when the basement is done our house is going to be 4200 sq feet. A nice size to add another child. Yes we are some what trying for baby number 3. To which we hope to have coming soon, but they say stress does things to you and I guess this is one of them.

I have lots of hopes and dreams, as I didn't have the best of the younger years you could say. So I work very hard to do the things with my children that my mother never did with us and my father never had time to do. With doing that my children have been spoiled rotten and I will be the first to admit it. I am sure that its going to come back and bite me in the ass one day but I guess I will deal with it at that time.

What else could I tell you about me? Lets see. I am a very honest person. I will tell you what I think and its not to hurt feelings or anything like that. I just believe that every person should know the truth and what people are thinking either about them or about a subject or they wouldn't ask. In my opinion if you ask then you should be ready for the answer. I have a good sense of humor and love to laugh but one thing remains the same. The love I have for my children. Shayne and Isabelle are my world, and even thou there are days that I really wonder what the heck I have done to deserve children who don't listen and the temper tantrums of Isabelle are over the top. In my house we have a comment that fits so many people in my family. The Dyck temper. Well I sure have learned that when your mother says that one day you will get your pay back and as much as I would hate to admit that my mother was right about something. Isabelle is my pay back 10 fold. Either way I love her to bits. I am blessed with children who also have great sense of humors.

I could sit and blush about my children all day but I wont. I am sure over time everyone will get to know them just as well as anyone.

Anyway I guess that is all for now. I am not sure what else to tell you, except I am a honest and open person so if you want to know something don't be afraid to ask.

Take care and enjoy yet another great site by the wonderful Britt. ... Thanks Britt for everything you do for mom's all over Canada.
Tanya

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh Tanya. I learned so many new things about you just by reading this blog tonight. Thank you for that. Isn't parenthood wonderful! Slight sarcasm there by the way. Justin is a total devil too. I loose my mind with both kids. I am trying very hard not too ( you should read my blog sometime-- it's all in there) Keep on blogging. I want to learn more girl.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your first blog entry Tanya :) Looking forward to reading more. P.S. I know ALL about tantrums.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I really appreciate your kind words.

    When I talk about the Dyck Temper well lets just say it tops the list of tempers. I hate to admit it but I have it, my brother has it, my father had it. Now I look at my darling beautiful daughter and some day all I see is horns. I wish I knew how to break the chain because the throwing things and breaking things when your mad isn't something overly easy to deal with. I see it all in Isabelle. It has started already. Shayne is so mellow. Yes he has had his blow ups but nothing to show signs of the Dyck temper. However after the time outs and after the crying the hugs and kisses and Im sorry Mommy's are a great reward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tanya, great Blog...and yes there ar a few of us on here that would go crazy without Britt! I am addicted.. maybe we should start a new Blog called ATBS (addicted to Britts Sites)!!LOL

    Thanks for sharing we have gotten to know u a bit on the boards but this is a very cool way to get to know u as well. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete