Thursday, March 26, 2009

I blame it all on my Hubby...

I took Hannah and Justin to get their haircuts this morning. Hannah's bangs were starting to come down to her eyes and well, Justin is looking like a little girl.
The two kids worked it out between themselves (which is wonderful) that Hannah was going to go first (the reasoning being is that she is older. lol)
Hannah sits in the chair and while she is getting her hair cut Justin is in my arms saying "no hair cut Mommy no hair cut" over and over again. All the while I am thinking "oh oh this is not going to be good!"
Before I continue on with my story I must tell you all that over the last few weeks my lovely Husband has been chasing Justin around the house with his hair clippers telling Justin he is going to cut his hair. Poor Justin's reaction to this is screaming at his Daddy with tears in his eyes screaming "no Daddy!" His hand in the air as if to stop him. This is funny at the time. But not so funny this morning I tell you!
After Hannah finishes getting her hair cut I put Justin in the chair and he starts to cry and goes all limp. Not good at all. I felt so bad for him!
Needless to say Justin did not get his hair cut today. We will try again on Wednesday at an earlier time and it will just be him and I there. Hannah will be in preschool. I am hoping that less distractions will help him cope with getting it done. My fingers are crossed.
And I have already warned my lovely husband to STOP tormenting Justin with his hair clippers!!!

4 comments:

  1. ooooh, Ethan is (hopefully) having his first haircut tomorrow morning....it's a family affair as me & Rhiannon are having haircuts too! Rhiannon is ok with it, she is on her 3rd cut already, but I have no idea what to expect with Ethan :0 his hair is shoulder length almost & a mom at playgroup said that he looks like a surfer dude! Time for the chop I think - also he is meeting his grandpa Mike for the first time at Easter!! Grandpa is flying out from England to Banff for a ski vacation & we are joining them for the Easter weekend - good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the hair cut Prairiemom. Sure hope it turns our better than my last experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes with small children they don't mind if your child sits in your lap while they cut. You may have to adjust him when she switches sides but atleast he will realize that you are there to keep him safe and he probably won't even notice the hair cut has started until she is almost done

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh there were tears galore, but we just about got him done!!!! Does he ever look cute though! he looks so grown up now!!!! I'll have to figure out how to post the before & after pics! he sat on my lap, daddy's lap, then we switched to stand up cuddles!! In the meantime, Rhiannon was running around the salon sweeping up all the hair on the floor...is 3 years old too young to have a saturday job lol??

    ReplyDelete