Friday, March 13, 2009

What a day....so glad its over!!!

Well for starters lets just say Fridays have been my least favourite day of the week for the last few years.....odd for some as you think its the last day before the weekend but for me its my most stressful day of the week....unless of course i don't have to work :)
So to start off my day i slept in past my alarm but i managed to shower, get ready, get both kids up, ready and out the door in 20 minutes! I think that is officially my best time yet....needless to say not the first time and they know when i say were running late it means get ready quickly and be ready to go when i say! I've trained them well! lol!
But off to daycare we went, got them there on time and even managed to get myself to work right on time as well after I stopped to grab my morning coffee. And this is where the stress starts! I've got 15 guys waiting for me doing their timesheets, making sure they have all their job numbers, going over any outstanding work from the week and trying to plan for next week. Finally everyone gets them turned in and get them all out the door to their first calls of the day. Then its time to start data entering everything into the appropriate programs, which normally only takes me a few hours. But just because i thought it was going to be a fairly quiet day, the calls start flooding in! The guys are all in weekend mode and were not prepared to be working a very full day....but with a few bumps along the way we managed to get almost everything taken care of and a few pushed off til Monday. Timesheets on the other hand never got completed til after 1pm.
However, not only is it the field guys i have to deal with but the rest of the people i work with in my office! It wouldn't be so bad if i had my own office or even if i only shared one with one or two other people BUT there are 6 of us in one room! Some days its okay but other days things just get crazy and hectic! By about 1pm i thought i was going to lose it. One thing after another just kept piling up until i had enough....time to step out for a bit for a breather. Normally i would take an hour lunch but today was just not going to allow for it. So i left for 15 minutes for a drive and to cool off! By the time i got back it didn't seem so bad and i made it through the rest of my day.
Supposed to be off at 4:30pm but once again it was 5 before i got out of there....lucky me there were 3 accidents on Deerfoot and traffic was completely backed up! Arggg! It took me 45min to do a normally 20 minute drive! But again i made it and picked up my daughter. My son has already left to go to his dads for the weekend! So we raced home, had a quick bite to eat and headed out to play some soccer with some other parents and kids from our soccer association....it was a great release for a crazy day! Time to just relax now....til tomorrow....but we will save that for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment