Tuesday, March 24, 2009

have you ever

made a little book in your head about the amusing moments in your life. I mean, there have been so many moments that I never wanted to forget and most of them were the funny ones. But of course, I tend to forget them until something similiar happens and draws it back into my memory.
I was thinking about funny things that I can grab off the top of my head that my kids have said.
When Chayse was around two, my girlfriend and her mom came to my mom's for coffee.
Well, Robin's mom picked Chayse up, and said "Chayse, I have always wanted a little boy. Want to come to my house and live with me, and be my little boy?"
And my son looks her up and down and says "Get a dog" He was TWO!! I damned near died. We all laughed until we were darned near in hysterics.
Another time, he was 5, and we were travelling to Victoria for a friend's wedding. Well, we stopped at a store to pick up some food for the road. He was misbehaving and I bent and told him that if he didn't smarten up, we would leave the store. He pipes up, "Oh no! (sarcastically) don't lock me up by myself in the hot truck again!"
I could have crawled out of there with all of those people shooting me the dirty looks. No, I didn't ever lock my kid in the hot truck, but oh man I was tempted after that.
Then, I remember, last year, when Piper was 3, I told her to pull her pants up because I could see her bum crack.
She was mortified.
"my bum has a crack in it??" and then she started to cry. I asked why she was crying "My bum is broken, it has a crack in it. I need a new bum mommy!!"
I was crying I was laughing so hard.
Anyways, I will come back and add more as I think of them

1 comment:

  1. I just checked back to see if anyone left any comments and cracked up again about Piper's cracked bum. I am SOOOO telling that story at her wedding!!

    ReplyDelete