Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Snot and Vomit

Before having children, seeing little kids with snotty noses used to make me go ughhhh. Now that I have 3 little ones of my own I think nothing of wiping their noses or any other child's runny nose. However that does not apply to vomit. Cleaning up sick is a challenge for me.

Last night my son wasn't feeling well so I put him to bed early. A few hours later I was in bed reading when he came in, got into my bed and proceeded to vomit all over the sheets and pillows. I know he is only 3 but he could have made it to the bathroom.

So I clean up his mess then put him back into his bed. By now I am feeling a little ill myself and then I'm sick. Have you ever looked after kids when you feel ill, believe me it is not easy. Anyway my son must have heard me so he comes into the bathroom and gives me a small red bucket (which he usually keeps his cars in). I was really touched.

This morning he is fully recovered and has even more energy. I'm still feeling ill and hope tonight that one of my other kids don't come in and repeat the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment