Wednesday, March 18, 2009

When to let go of the bottle?

My son is 10 months old, and i'm stuggling at when i should take his bottle away? I want it to be gone by the time he is 12 months old, as i think that's a good time, i just need to get started on it!
When did everyone else swtich to just the cup?
How did you do it?
I have to vent for a minute! I am sooooo tired of people saying things to us in a hinting way! Example: My granmda and grandpa saying "oh food would fill you up more" "oh sometime milk just isn't enough, right Logan?"....as i'm feeding Logan his lunch bottle..I still haven't got to feeding him 3 meals a day, we feed him 2 and are working on 3, it just doesn't always work out! I'm just tired of the hiniting! If you think you have someone we should be doing differently, just let me know! Alright all done!
Enjoy your day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I had my son off the bottle at 12 months but he still got one in the evenings untill he was 16 months. You know your child best and will pick up on the q's as to when to transition your child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my kids were off the bottle by one as well. I agree with Rachel. You know your own son. My son is 30 months and I need to really work on drinking out of a glass with him. Oh what fun! Try not to listen too much about what other people are saying. You are his Mommy and you know him better than anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little guy is 15 months old, & drinks water & milk from a sippy cup during the day, but still has a bottle at night, we are planning to transition this to a sippy cup too pretty soon. You'll start to know when your little guy is ready - Ethan got onto sippy cups quicker than his older sister did, mainly because he would pick hers up & drink from it, so he was easier to teach, but Rhiannon took a little longer when she was first learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle was off the bottle completely by 18 mths. I waited until she was about a year old to start the sippy cup program. But by the time she was 18mths she was completley off the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh joy, the hints! I get plenty of those too and know how annoying they can be! Especially with food, right? Ah, well..

    ReplyDelete