Friday, March 13, 2009

What is the fighting like in your house?

I don't know if its just me or what but I find that Shayne and Isabelle fight alot. Now I know that there is one issue that could be contributating to it. Shayne has been diagnosed with ADD. I am told that one thing that comes with that is the fact that they become very sensitive to their belongings. In their eyes everything is theirs. This is all new to me. As we only found out a couple of weeks ago. No he isn't medicated. However I can't help but think that might be coming. Anyway the two of them fight a great deal. Shayne doesn't want to share and thinks that he shouldn't have to because the stuff is his. I am not sure how to get it thru his head that he has to share just because its his doesn't mean that his sister can't use it.

Anyway its 30 minutes until bed time and I am counting the minutes down. At least tomorrow for a bit their father can deal with them. They dont' seem to fight as much when he is around. That is another mystery I don't understand.
Tanya

3 comments:

  1. Oh the same happens here believe me. I am sooo sick of them fighting. Justin can be bad. Especially when he is tired. He can a total terror! And when Hannah and Justin are tired at the same time watch out world! Then my life becomes a total zoo! I am starting to hate my afternoons! Now Hannah is starting to come to me about what Justin IS doing or HAS done. All I hear is "Mommy Justin......Mommy Justin..... I am going to admit myself I swear. I can keep going Tanya. But maybe I'll save it and write it in my own blog!:) I guess us Moms just have to lean on each other and vent every now and then! I'm her for ya if you need someone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain Shawna... its quiet in my house right now because they are in bed. But like you I am hating the afternoon's because that seems to be peak time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you both...my daughter is 9 and my son 5 and they are at each other what seems like constantly. But yet at daycare i am told they are great with eachother. But from the moment we walk in the door they are fighting over what cartoon to watch, or where to sit, or who looked at who....after a long day at work i just want to send them to bed! lol! But then they have those moments where they play so well that i try and remember the most....well and wish they would last so much longer!

    ReplyDelete