Thursday, March 19, 2009

She's doing great!

I thought I would update you all about my daughter sleeping on her own. She is doing really great. She had a struggle to get to sleep on her own the first night and she got up around 3:00 and just needed a hug! This is a huge break through as she would normally barely have been awake but realized I wasn't there and go tearing around the house screaming and looking for me. In the nights since she has gotten up a few times one night she wanted me to sing to her. So the next night I had some soothing songs on her ipod for her to listen to. She seems to be really proud of herself that she is sleeping on her own. I am really impressed and happy with how great she is doing!

Now me on the other hand?? OMG I forgot about my husband the snoring, bed and cover thief that I love. He also has late shifts from 3:00 to about midnight but a few nights he has worked overtime. He comes home lays down and tells me about his day then gets up to have something to eat relaxes and then comes back to bed around the time I have just gotten back to sleep and fills me in on stuff he forgot. I am glad he is talking to me and telling me things but I am really having a hard time getting sleep and adjusting to a different bed let alone dd coming in to see me and him chatting and then snoring and such. Hopefully I will get use to all this soon. One night he had ice cream and all I could hear was his spoon scrape, scrape, scrape on the bowl, I was ready to beat him with the darn spoon. I think cause I am listening for the kids I am picking up everything that normally wouldn't bother me.

That's how we are doing!

1 comment:

  1. That is great news. What a big step not only for DD but for you.

    ReplyDelete