Thursday, March 19, 2009

Outsider

I feel so alone right now. I am a week away from being 22 years old and feel friendless. I was the first one out of all my friends to have a child. Nearly all of my friends had abandoned me because I could no longer "party". The invites stopped coming and now I have my two best friends left. I adore that they stuck by me but because they had never experienced pregnancy I couldn't really talk about it with them. I felt like I had no one to turn to.

Now my two best friends are both pregnant. They are not friends with each other but now that their due dates are two weeks apart they are instantly BFFs. Once again I am the outsider. I have the almost one year old. They would rather talk to each other about being pregnant because I am just old news. I am so happy for them. I am so excited that my two other friends will be joining the baby club but I just hate that once again I am excluded. Before I was the one carrying the plague. A BABY oh my god.... now I am the one not pregnant so I can't share in their experiences. I am so jealous that they each get to support each other and talk to each other and experience every thing together.

I just wish I had that! Thank goodness for my IAP ladies otherwise I would have gone crazy.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl, it may be tough, but they are still your friends. I know what you mean about feeling excluded. Now I haven't exactly been in your shoes, where I was the only one pregnant and my friends were not, it was more the other way around. Many of my friends had babies before me, and some after. So I have really been on both sides like you I suppose. True friends will always be there for you, no matter what. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle. Sometimes its not easy but don't stress things will come around. You will start to meet other mom's as well. All in time. I know how you feel. I am like that almost every day of my life. So your not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how tough that can be. Your "old" friends will likely come around, but in the mean time there are many great moms out there who would love a new friend and someone to buddy around with and whose baby could have play dates with your little one. Hope you start to feel better and check out some of the mom meetup groups in your area and I bet you'll find some great new friends!

    ReplyDelete