Friday, March 13, 2009

Waiting for baby

I am 37.5 weeks pregnant. Yes take note of that .5! I have been at home on short term disability (sciatica) since the end of January waiting. I know that realistically it is still a little early to think that the baby would come 2.5 weeks early but one can dream. Dream that maybe the wee gaffer is fully cooked and ready to come out of the oven! Since I was 34 weeks along people have been saying, "oh you look like your ready to pop", "oh there's no way you'll go to 40 weeks, your huge!" Even my Dr. thought she would have seen me in the hospital this week rather than at my regular weekly check up. I know I should be patient and I have tried really tried. But I am all out! All out of patience! My lack of patience doesn't come without its limitations though. There is tonnes of advice out there on how to help induce labour. Other than walking, none of the recommendations really appeal to me. I've heard of all sorts of horror stories when people try to take things into their own hands so I think for now I'll just wait for the oven timer to go off and mother nature to take her course. To be fair to myself I don't think I would be so impatient if it were not for the sciatica. While waiting for this baby to come along I also have a 17 month old little boy at home who demands and deserves attention that I am finding it hard to find the strength to give. But as any mother out there knows this strength is something we all must find everyday. Injured or not. So find it I do. I find it in Cian's smile, in his tiny little hugs, in his little feet toddling around still not completely sure of his footing, in his tiny little babbles that still don't make sense to me but seem to make complete sense to him. I find it in the precious simple ordinary moments we share throughout the day. Just like the rest of you find it in your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment