Friday, March 13, 2009

Hair Battles

My daughter is very difficult about her hair. She says it is crazy because it won't stay out of her face. She doesn't ever want to wash it, and will usually chose not to have a bath (and she loves the bath) if I tell her it is hair washing day. It is often a big battle.

We went through a time when her hair had to be tied up in 5 different places to keep her happy, but she has fine hair and little tendrils kept escaping. Now she seems to be over that period, but she doesn't want to wash it because she doesn't want the water and soap in her face and nose. That no cry shampoo really doesn't work! I didn't want to make the problem worse by washing her hair when she was so against it, but she had to have her hair washed sometime.

Finally I have been able to come to a compromise by running a wet comb/hand/sponge through her hair to get it wet and wash out the soap. This seems to be working.

I'm curious what other moms do to get the hair clean.

2 comments:

  1. Regal used to sell a special "cap" for this, made out of neoprene, I think. It fits around the head and the brim sort of upturns, and there is no middle so that all the hair can be pulled through for washng. We used it with our two youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i must say you are alot more patient then i am. I never really gave either one of my children a choice. I gave them a wash cloth to cover their eyes...gave the old tilt your head back and rinsed out the soap! I did always try to keep as much off their face as possible but its not that easy! They just got used to it and the screaming stopped.

    ReplyDelete