Friday, March 20, 2009

Wow that's not my daughter your talking about, I thought.

Well that was an eye opening puzzling parent/teacher interview today!!

I know that people say that your kids behave very differently at school and with you but my gosh my daughter has this total alter ego!. So here is the update on the p/t interview. The meeting went really well but I am still baffled buy how the teacher's described Bre. Both her homeroom teacher and the music/ gym teacher said she was starting to in the last few month make a real progress in joining in the group. That was good to hear but they could have added that in her report card so I wasn't so panicked. My daughter is a free spirit that loves music and dancing and she sings all the time. She makes up her own songs and sings me songs from school and basically never stops singing sometimes. I figured that she would really do well in that part. One of the shockers was that the music/gym teacher with her main teacher agreeing tells me that music and singing are not Bre's thing. WHAT?????? I was just flabbergasted. There where a few other things like that but mainly it was positive. Her homeroom teacher had come up with some great ways to prompt her so she isn't always asking for help. I knew they we where talking about my daughter when they said she always wants to be the centre of attention. All in all I was very happy with how the meeting went. The teacher is really pleased with how she is doing in math and reading. I am really proud of dd even if she doesn't sing she really does well with all the issues she has she is learning and thriving. Yes she has bumps in the road but many "normal" kids can hit bumps too. She is really a great kid Time to go give her a hug! Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment