Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Wheels are turning again.

My 7yr old son has been counting the sleeps until today, when his cousins from Whitehorse make it to town for a visit. We have been traveling up north every summer for the past few years to visit with my husband's family, and each time my son and his cousin Maggie have become better friends. They are little more than a month apart in age, and have an enviable kind of connection between them. 

Last summer we all went to Alaska together for several days. They were virtually inseparable. They giggled and whispered and planned world domination together; or at least ways to keep "the furballs" from interfering with their play. ("The furballs" are my son's two younger sisters, aged 4, and 2 and a half.)  I asked, him one sunny Alaskan afternoon, why he was smiling so much. His answer? "Mom, when Maggie and I are together, the wheels in our heads start turning." 

I can hardly wait for their reunion this week. Who knows what direction those turning wheels will take them? I hope I get to go along for the ride.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like soo much fun. It sure is fun watching our kids having fun with others. I know I sure enjoy watching my daughter with her friends! Enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete