Monday, March 16, 2009

Re connecting with kids

Ok, recently my husband and I decided to limit the time spent on computer, video games, etc and get back to more family time! So far I really like what I see. Last night my 2 oldest and hubby and I watched "amazing race" together, and all through the commercials we were talking about the show. How the teams were making choices, why teams were doing better than others, what made teams more successful than others. I loved it!
I realized that as soon as they were home from school, the kids went 3 different directions and I had no idea how everyone was doing anymore!
I know the biggest change was going to come from my husband and I. As we were the ones having to enforce these changes. The boys do a few more chores around the house. Dishes, room cleaning, garbage, laundry, and for the most part it is done without complaining, and they now realize good behavior gets rewarded, bad behavior gets more chores!

2 comments:

  1. That is soo awesome Donna. I am glad to hear this is working out for you. And I will be sure to keep this idea in mind once my kids grow up! I sure will not want to loose contact with them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, so glad you and your family had a great "family time" last night! Way to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete