Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's Like First Date Jitters

I can’t believe that I’m nervous. Here I sit, tapping away at my keyboard, wondering what to type and wondering if they’ll like me. Will they welcome me? Will they “get me”? Maybe but then again maybe not.


I’m Lori. I’m 38 years old. Married to Steven. Mother to an almost 2-year-old son, John. And I work full-time while my husband is a stay at home dad. (That in itself is worthy of a couple of future posts!)


If I knew then what I know now, I would never have waited this long to have a baby. I never knew having a child could be this much fun and the love would be this intense! Sure the pregnancy complications were sort of a bitch, the bed rest was a pain in the ass, the c-section was unexpected and painful, the recovery process was much longer than anticipated. But then when he falls asleep on your shoulder or grabs your finger or that first laugh. Oh my gosh, that first laugh. If only they could bottle that feeling. And then the first time he looks at you and says mama. Or kisses you. Or hugs you. Worth all the pain, all the sleepless nights, all the bad is forgotten in a blink of those beautiful eyes.

I’m glad that Britt has allowed me the chance to join this blog team. I hope to be a worthy contributor.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. Looking forward to reading more of what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete