Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hello!

Hi all, a bit about me! My name is Tammy, I am a single mom of two young girls (7 & 5) and I own my own business. I run a Montessori preschool from my home, and love what I do. I have been on my own for just over a year, and am still getting used to the idea. My girls are amazing little monkeys (or monsters on some days) who light up my life. I love to read, love to travel when I can. I live in Calgary, and was born and raised here- moved away for a couple of years, but ended up back here. One of the places I moved for a few months was San Diego, and with the winter we have had, I am kinda wishing I would have stayed put! My girls are in grade one and kindergarten, I can still remember the day they were born like it was yesterday, hard to believe they are so big now. I love to write, and like the idea of this. I hope that what I have to say will be interesting to you! Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the preschool sounds great! What ages of children do you accept? Can kids come for a part day or one day per week? We're also in Calgary and I'm considering putting my daughter in part-day preschool in a few more months (she is currently only 15 months old) for some socialization and so I can run errands while she is safe and happily occupied. Welcome to the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the concept of the Montessori program. I took my ECE in BC many years ago but when I moved to Alberta it basically wasn't considered as anything. So I never did anything with it. Mind you after watching kids for a short time I quickly realized that it isn't for me, but I do have a great deal of respect for people who do have their own dayhomes and work in daycares because its not an easy job.

    ReplyDelete