Friday, March 20, 2009

Feeling terrible

It was such a marvelous day today! I think the high was +14 and the sky was all blue and clear. My husband returned from work an hour early and we all went for a walk. My son really enjoyed the day too. Later in the evening, my son finished his dinner without a fuss, got changed, took his vitamins and was ready for bed by 7:00pm. A nice finish to a nice day, right? Well, it would have been, till I carried him to the deck to look at something. Then as I entered the kitchen again, my son bumped his head on the door frame. Hard! There was a momentary pause and all hell broke loose. My son was screaming in pain. My husband was screaming at me for being so careless. And I...I don't know. I was panicking; I was sobbing; I was trying to comfort my son.

I put my son to bed shortly after that. He went to sleep very easily. He didn't seem to have a concussion, but how can you be sure? I hope he will wake up his bright eyed and cheerful self tomorrow and all will be well again!

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up over it. We've all been there, it's not like you did it on purpose. It's awful when your child cries, isn't it? I remember when I had John on the bed, and I even thought to myself that I should move him but then I figured I was just going to be a second and wouldn't you know it, the second I turned to grab something there was a huge THUMP. He'd rolled off the bed. Thank goodness my aunt has really thick carpet and heavy underlay!

    Check him during the night if you're concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I know all about that! When my Daughter (first born) was six months old or so I had her on the floor trying to teach her to roll over. Well her arm must halve gotten stuck underneath her as I dislocated her elbow! Had to call 911 as her eyes were rolling in the back of her head. Hubby drove us to the hospital and they snapped it back in place. She is all fine today
    So do not beat yourself over a little bang on the wall. We all have been there. It is not your fault. And I am sure worse things are going to happen as they older. Such as stitches. My two year old son got four stitches to the back of his head. Well that's another story! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support! He is fine today, cheerful and himself. Didn't have much of an appetite though, but hopefully tomorrow he'll eat and eat! :-)

    ReplyDelete