Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hello ladies!

Hey there!
My name is Rachel, I'm 26 years old and I live in Calgary. I gave birth to our first, a lovely little girl named Reese on September 19th 2008. She is now 6 months old and busy as a bee all the time. I'm on maternity leave until September, I work as an RN in the Emergency Department. I will be going back to work part time in the fall. We plan on having at least one more kiddo so I hope in the next three years I'll find myself pregnant again :)

I've taken up photography as a hobby and can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get outside more and not freeze my bum off. I bought a wicked jogging stroller so Reese and I have gone on a few runs around the neighborhood. Should start getting warmer now so hopefully we can get out more often. I like to scrapbook, read, ski and camp. I also downhill mountain bike in the summer, something I never thought I'd be into, but I really enjoy!

I'm a Type A with some OCD tendencies and a bit of a black sense of humour! I'm married to a very wonderful, patient Brit who puts up with all my craziness. He also happens to be a pretty amazing Daddy.

Life as a mommy has taken some getting used to. Gone are my schedules, punctuality and keeping everything constantly clean. I think every piece of clothing I own has now been puked on twice (we have a "happy spitter" on our hands!) I think its good for me, I'm learning to be a lot more"bendy" as my husband says!! Nothing is really black or white anymore, its all shades of grey! I'm learning something every day, and watching Reese do new things and figure out the world is truly fascinating for me.

Well, I think thats me in a nutshell. Looking forward to this!

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I just noticed I spelt ladies wrong!!!! hahaha, I bet I could edit that somewhere...maybe I'll go figure out how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you figure out how to do the spelling correction let me know...i noticed on my last two posts that i spelt a couple words wrong but just couldn't figure out how to go back and fix it but thought...ah well...i am sure they will understand :)

    ReplyDelete